- This event has passed.
2022 Race for Open Space
April 1, 2022 - April 30, 2022
Thanks to all Race for Open Space Participants, Supporters, Sponsors, and Partners
Everyone who participated, supported, and volunteered at this year’s Race for Open Space is a champion for Big Sur Land Trust’s mission! Over 400 people ran, walked, and hiked at Glen Deven Ranch, Mitteldorf Preserve, Marks Ranch, or on one of our special Adventure Courses.
Between all of these stellar humans who found their wonder out on the lands they love and our generous sponsors, we raised $69,000!
Though everyone’s a winner in our book, here are the top finishers in each of our Race for Open Space categories:
SPEEDY RUNNER AWARDS (Based on the results submitted online)
- Christina Moreno (Glen Deven Ranch)
- Robin Dickson (Marks Ranch)
- David Loutzenheiser (Marks Ranch)
- Robin Dickson (Mitteldorf Preserve 4-mile)
- William Tovar (Mitteldorf Preserve 4-mile)
- Barratt Rowley (Mitteldorf Preserve 8.5-mile)
- Megan Thomas (Mitteldorf Preserve 8.5-mile)
- Stian Goransson (San Jose Creek 9-mile)
- Sylvie Maxwell (San Jose Creek 9-mile)
- Steve White (Palo Corona 10-mile)
- Graciela Wilcox (Palo Corona 10-mile)
- Robert Beverly (Palo Corona 21-mile)
- Kara Hall (Palo Corona 21-mile)
MOST MILES AWARDS
- Emily Motz (individual)
- Hikers for Mother Earth (team)
- Linda Mullally (individual fundraiser)
- Coastal Pup Pack (team fundraiser)
- Fred Watson (Most iNaturalist species observed on BSLT nature preserves)
PHOTO CONTEST WINNERS
- Kimberle Herring (Tiny Treasures)
- David Mullally (Animal Sightings)
- Penny Partch (Connecting to the Land)
- William Tovar (Sense of Community)
Take a look at all the photo submissions here!
As we begin planning next year’s Race for Open Space, we are sending all our gratitude from our hearts to yours.
ADVENTURE COURSE PARTNERS
We are grateful for the contributions from runners, partners, and sponsors including:
Leave a Reply